[Cuis-dev] Documenting...

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Sun Aug 13 03:03:33 PDT 2023

Le 02/08/2023 à 18:45, Ezequiel Birman a écrit :
> I also think it could be a good candidate for a dynabook. I'd love to
> collaborate on that, even if I haven't finished all the exercises yet.

Regarding the Dynabook, I envision two levels of user collaboration at
the application level, including from junior high school students.

- Pluggin to enrich the knowledge models the educators and students can
use in a dynabook documents. Think of Dr. Geo, Dr. Geo is complex but
you can have much smaller and simpler plugin to represent knowledge or
tools. Likely it should be possible to organize contribution from
university students, from projects or equivalent.

- Scripting of the plugin to represent specific knowledge. Think of
DrGeo Smalltalk sketch, for example a Smalltalk script to represent a
triangle with an inscribed circle. Such declarative script can be
written by junior high school students.

This will require a careful design in the plugin interface, I don't have
prior experience on that. I remember Philip discussing it could be
better to have several image running and communicating between each
other, likely more efficient too with multiple cores CPU.

Namespace could be necessary too or at least useful, I don't know yet.

> I am in no position to review TCB's content and extent yet. For the
> time being, it seems to me that it is good as it is.
>
> Re. Wikis, any would do. During the last week, I've been testing
> different TiddlyWiki versions (some are better for multiple users) and
> I find that conceptually, TiddlyWiki shares with Smalltalk this idea
> of being self-contained, see Intertwingling the Tiddlywiki with Erlang
> <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv1UfLPK7_Q>. Nevertheless, I think
> that the ideal medium would be something that runs *in* Cuis and that
> at the same time could be rendered as a web site. Could Erudite do that?

My experience warns me to keep things simple and to rely on existing
tools with low or even better no cost of maintenance. Our most precious
asset is our time.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu