[Cuis-dev] user.changes files

Bernhard Pieber bernhard at pieber.com
Mon Mar 27 02:15:47 PDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Ignore my mail. I was wrong. Obviously, it was already too late yesterday. Only the "End fileIn of“ banner is written there. Now the question is: Is this intended?

fileInAnnouncing: announcement
	"This is special for reading expressions from text that has been formatted
	with exclamation delimitors. The expressions are read and passed to the
	Compiler. Put up a progress report with the given announcement as the title."

	Utilities logsUserChanges: false.

	announcement
		displayProgressAt: Sensor mousePoint
		from: 0
		to: self size
		during: [ :barBlock | self fileInInformingTo: barBlock ].

	"Note:  The main purpose of this banner is to flush the changes file."
	Utilities logsUserChanges: true.
	Smalltalk logChange: '----End fileIn of ' , self name , '----'.

Should the comment about flushing the changes file apply to both, the .changes and the .user.changes file? Looking at the code the forceToDisk is done for the .changes file.

Cheers,
Bernhard