[Cuis-dev] Wikipedia Draft

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Mon Feb 5 11:47:48 PST 2024

On 2024-02-05 11:29, Nicolás Papagna Maldonado wrote:

> Took a quick look at the draft. I feel like the comparison with Squeak
> and Pharo can hurt more than help.

How so?  Having multiple communities means having multiple points of
view.  The goalsets of Cuis, Squeak, and Pharo are a bit different.

> Personally, I'd love the communities to be more connected.

..but not compared? ;^)

> For instance we cannot develop we apps in Cuis and iirc Pharo comes
> with its own HTTP server (so the comparison isn't that fair).

I am comparing class counts in the base images for each release.

Having a small base and composable Features is a big difference for
Cuis!

   `Feature require: 'WebClient'.`

Refactoring to remove unneeded code -- muda* -- is expensive but
critical.

Would a new user prefer to learn ~700 classes (Cuis) or ~10,000 Classes
(Pharo)?

The differences, IMHO, are important!

$0.02
-KenD