[Cuis-dev] Godot Smalltalk Bindings

Justin Chandler chandler.justin.s at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 21:28:43 PST 2020

Hey, everyone!

Over the past couple days I've been working on language bindings for a
socket bridge between the Godot game engine and Pharo+Cuis! It's still
pretty basic, but so far you can define functions to be attached to Godot
keyboard actions as well as attach methods to Godot's update loop! I've
attached a video of a cube being able to be moved using the arrow keys once
the code to do so has been sent over and interpreted via the live socket.

The video shows the game's code being defined using Pharo, however I've
ported and tested the code in Cuis and it does actually work 1 to 1. Since
Pharo and Cuis' socket definitions are either identical or mostly
identical, I actually don't have to modify the code at all to maintain it
for both since the rest of the code is written and defined by me within the
package.

In any case, I'm not sure if I'll release it, but I figured I'd share my
progress so far!

Thanks for reading!

- Justin Chandler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u45qVw5HzT4