[Cuis-dev] Update: Alt+Return as a full screen toggle shortcut

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Sat Dec 19 00:23:38 PST 2020

Hello all.

Luciano Notarfrancesco via Cuis-dev <cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> writes:

> Btw, I think the Morphic way to implement things like this is with hands.
> User input should always go through the hand, and a particular kind of hand
> can implement global shortcuts (for example to open a browser, alt-. to
> open a debugger, alt-tab to switch between windows, opening of halos, etc).

Interesting insight. But why the hand? A hand was always as far as I
have seen in morphic the mouse pointer, which could have many instances.

A hand in these days isn't necessarily a mouse pointer anymore, but
could be a multitouch input event, a gesture or many remote users living
on different machines.

Wouldn't that be more the world in which the morph is running in as a
world defines the global context, hence the word "world"?

Philosphical question: do we even know at this point what is supposed to
be "true" morphic after the decades adapting a lively system and porting
it from original self to Squeak and then to the needs of each Squeak
derived system?

I for example only know morphic from the Self movie, where you could
spawn morphs and adapt them according to your needs.

My gut feeling is to do that which in turn simplifies the system and
bears its own weight.

Cheers,
Philip