[Cuis-dev] VectorGraphics and Morph

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Jun 19 07:59:34 PDT 2020

In DrGeo canvas (with Pharo's cairo canvas), I don't use cached forms,
the whole canvas is top down re-draw when marked dirty. Brutal but a
long time ago I discovered that in this specific situation it was much
faster rather than Morph update mechanism based on dependencies.

In some DrGeo canvas you can have a lot math items (models).  Each model
is rendered as a morph in the canvas, it eases the debugging as you can
inspect a faulty item with the help of the halo.

Not sure it is the right way to go for a more general approach, but a
dedicated PasteupMorph will clarify how ones can write a small
interactive application.

Not sure I was clear.

--
GNU Dr. Geo