[Cuis-dev] For Test: Layouts + EdgeWeight

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Tue May 26 08:13:09 PDT 2020

Hi Ken,

(below)
On 5/22/2020 7:42 PM, ken.dickey--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Gremlins at work..   8^D
>
> Ready for test is the latest from
> https://github.com/KenDickey/LayoutProposal
>
> In addition to Layout, I converted system and Morphic-Misc1 usages of
> padding and minorDirectonPadding to edgeWeight and offAxisEdgeWeight.
>
> In a Workspace in a fresh image updated to 4163:
> ======================================
> Feature require: 'Morphic-Misc1'.
> ChangeSet fileIn:
> '../LayoutProposal/4164-CuisCore-EdgeWeight-2020May22-14h47m-KenD.001.cs.st'
> asFileEntry.
> ChangeSet fileIn:
> '../LayoutProposal/UnsavedChangesTo-Morphic-Misc1-KenD.003.cs.st'
> asFileEntry.
> ======================================
>
> You should be able to open LayoutMorph and LayoutSpec editors from
> Morph Menus.
>
> ============
> Still to do:
>
> I expect to add a cache to LayoutMorphs to cache the static parts of
> the layout calculations, but did not want to get too many changes at a
> time.
>
> Also, I did not yet rename Layout*Morph padding instance variables.
> ============
>
> Anyone with free time is encouraged to test this.
>
> Thanks a bunch!
> -KenD

This is impressive! You have spent at this way more time and attention
that me.

I just tried cloning https://github.com/KenDickey/LayoutProposal . I
fired a fresh Cuis and loaded updates. Then, as your repo includes 5
numbered change sets, but all are of similar size, and seem to include
complete changes, I assumed I'd try just loading the latest one: #4187.
I install it, but whn I click the world I get an emergency evaluator.

I understand this is my fault and not yours, essentially because you had
to wait quite a bit until I was able to try it. So:

1- Please, if appropriate, can you collapse or integrate the numbered
changesets into one (or more if necessary) to be loaded on top of Cuis
updated to #4189?

2- It seems you removed #submorphsToLayout. The idea of that was to
adjust layout automatically when morphs get hidden or show again. Did
you take this into account?

I think we'd test a bit your proposal, and integrate it.

Thanks a lot!