[Cuis-dev] For Test: Layouts + EdgeWeight

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Tue May 26 13:28:03 PDT 2020

On 2020-05-26 15:13, Juan Vuletich wrote:
> This is impressive!

Be less impressed until you test a bit. ;^)

> I just tried cloning https://github.com/KenDickey/LayoutProposal

Do an update (again).

Open a FileList on LayoutProposal/LayoutTestWithEdgeWeights.txt

Select all text and DoIt.

You should be able to play around now (modulo pathname prefix
adjustment).

I included Morphic-Misc1 to have easy Layout{Morph/Spec} editing from
Morph Menus, but is not required.

Other unsaved change sets are for testing various other unneeded
packages but use new EdgeWeights.

Note that I removed #padding #padding: #minorDirection* for test.  We
could certainly retain these for a period to let people transition to
{axis/offAxis}EdgeWeight over time.

> 2- It seems you removed #submorphsToLayout.

That should be there.

> I think we'd test a bit your proposal, and integrate it.

That is the correct order!  :)

Hope you like it.  Just today I had a chance to simplify the layout code
to be less Pascal and more Smalltalk.

Let me know!
-KenD