[Cuis-dev] hello

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Sat Apr 10 08:37:51 PDT 2021

Hi *玉城 鉄生,*
 I made a webinar to learn Smalltalk using Cuis last year, sadly it is in
Spanish, but maybe you can get something from the examples and/or the
youtube closed captions...
 Here is the link:
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMkq_h36PcLCtLKrrdOKKFV2r267VFH_t

 I hope it helps!

 Hernan.

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 11:34 AM Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hello Tetsuo,
>
> hopefully this book will help you get started:
>
> https://cuis-smalltalk.github.io/TheCuisBook/
>
> It was written for people like you in mind.
>
> And welcome to Smalltalk. I hope you find it as great as I do. It is
> always a source of a different way of thinking about computing and
> programming for me, together with Lisp.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano
>
> El 10/4/21 a las 11:07, 鉄生玉城 via Cuis-dev escribió:
> > Hello,
> > Good night
> > My name is Tetsuo I want to study CS to become the best hacker in the
> > world -well that was a joke. Sort of. I discovered Cuis-Smalltalk
> > reviewing Squeak messages. I find Squeak impossible to understand, I
> > also tried Pharo but that is even worse and there is no space for
> > beginners. It seems to me that they are developing a Smalltalk only for
> > people who know Smalltalk. I found Cuis at least small and simple,
> > something that I think I would be able to learn; somehow, sometime. I am
> > following The Cuis Book and the github repository Learning Cuis.But this
> > is all new to me. So I would like to know from the most experienced
> > suggestions about the path to follow in learning Cuis.Clues,
> > methodologies, etc. I would like to start my learning of CS with
> Smalltalk.
> > Thanks,

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer, Teacher & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson