[Cuis-dev] changeset. Improvement on #askForSaveOnQuit

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 03:09:34 PDT 2021

Hi Luciano

On 8/18/21 11:32 AM, Luciano Notarfrancesco wrote:
> Yes, I guess my point is that the menu should call a method that does
> something simple and UI related (like ask whatever questions) and then
> call ‘Smalltalk quit’.
Umm, but then, consider, also when I do Installed Packages -> Save, it
is disruptive, the system could
ask me "Are you sure?". That would be annoying.

> I think whatever we can do with menues should be also available in
> this “command line” or “doIt” sort of fashion, so once we know the
> system we can use it without menues or unnecessary user interaction,
> and also from scripts.
Oh yes, i am a big fan of this ! From what i was able to see digging
into the menus it is often
easy to find the equivalent Workspace command that perform the same
action as GUI.

bye
Nicola