[Cuis-dev] Big Fun on Linux was ( Updates to VectorGraphics and precompiled MacVM)

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jun 2 00:09:09 PDT 2021

Hi Juan, Hi folks,

I am a bit confused. Your E-Mail is from
2021-06-02, git log for VmMaker --
immediately after a pull - says:

commit abd3dc6a4e03cf25e0509956ec7d3a79f504a45f (HEAD -> main,
origin/main, origin/HEAD)
Author: Juan Vuletich <juan at jvuletich.org>
Date:   Sat May 29 17:20:13 2021 -0300

     C declare as unsigned char* for ByteArrays

This isn't exactly "yesterday".

Anyways, after some thinking I am sure the latest Haver Alpha 3 has an
old plugin.
I did see the VmMaker update, but I did not
think about the consequences.

Is there a way to ask the plugin about its
version? Not everybody has a "strings"-command
handy:

VectorEnginePlugin 21 May 2021 (e)
;*3$"
GCC: (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0
clang version 12.0.0 (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project.git
d28af7c654d8db0b68c175db5ce212d74fb5e9bc)

So yes, it is an older version of the plugin.

I will build a newer version for Windows 64bit
and Linux-AMD64.

I still have problems with the
Raspberry OS builds; 32bit builds end
with an archive, but no executable is produced.
This is also the case
with the repo Ken provided.
Admittedly I am to lazy to install a 64-Linux
on one of my Raspberry Pi 4s.

*If there is demand for a Raspberry Pi VM,
please tell me, I will backport the plugin
to a VM version with a working build system.*

Please tell me, if there is demand for a 64bit
ARM build.

HTH and Best Regards,

Gerald