[Cuis-dev] Bad news (Was Re: Big Fun on Linux was ( Updates to VectorGraphics and precompiled MacVM))

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jun 2 04:06:41 PDT 2021

Hi Folks, Hi Juan,

tried to build that stuff on windows -- after
some windows updates -- with bad results.

VM crashes when it loads an image,
no clue why. I have no stomach to debug this.

I managed to build the rapsberry pi VM,
obviously the move to clang did
break the CameraPlugin and the FFIplugin.
The former is probably unimportant;
a VM without the later is not what
one wants for Cuis.

At least this VM starts a plain Cuis-image,
of course after I disabled the aforementioned
plugins.

This one:
https://github.com/bavison/opensmalltalk-vm.git
fails to build, it complains about some
problems in the SSL plugin. I did not
investigate further.

In a nutshell:
I find all of this rather annoying and
discouraging. This VM needs a big overhaul ...
(Sorry, Eliot!)

Best Regards,

Gerald