[Cuis-dev] Bad news (Was Re: Big Fun on Linux was ( Updates to VectorGraphics and precompiled MacVM))

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jun 2 05:49:21 PDT 2021

Hi Gerald,

On 6/2/2021 8:06 AM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Folks, Hi Juan,
>
> tried to build that stuff on windows -- after
> some windows updates -- with bad results.
>
> VM crashes when it loads an image,
> no clue why. I have no stomach to debug this.

I'd like to test the VectorEnginePlugin on Win32, especially to compare
an old Atom with a RasPI, but I can wait. If not earlier, when
VectorEnginePlugin gets integrated into the official OpenSmalltalk VMs
it will be available for all supported platforms.

> I managed to build the rapsberry pi VM,
> obviously the move to clang did
> break the CameraPlugin and the FFIplugin.
> The former is probably unimportant;
> a VM without the later is not what
> one wants for Cuis.
>
> At least this VM starts a plain Cuis-image,
> of course after I disabled the aforementioned
> plugins.

Please make this VM available. I'd like to test on my raspi, and don't
need FFI for that.

Also, I'd like to test your Linux x64 VM with the plugin.