[Cuis-dev] Cuis in the PinePhone

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 15:48:34 PDT 2021

Thank you Ken,

I will give it second shot comparing with my data as soon as possible.

Since I see you are using Manjaro I add this OT info, in this long
weekend I tried to run Arch + phosh, and it is damn faster than the
default Manjaro that comes with the device. Say twice faster. And more
robust as well.
Firefox works. Impressive.
(CAVEAT. maybe my Manjaro updated would have been also faster, this is a
possibility i did not check)

I was really surprised also Cuis seems very responsive on the PinePhone,
even if
I could really do very little because my usual VNC trick for these cases
(x11vnc)
did not work, it does not work with Wayland.

It seems times are coming when we can do real unchained programming on a
phone !

Bye
Nicola