[Cuis-dev] Morphic-Widget-Extra

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Nov 6 07:58:11 PDT 2021

On 2021-11-06 01:21, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> > Regarding the Ken's Morphic-Misc package, it may be time to split it to make it even more affordable to application developers and to organize its evolution and enrichment. I know Mariano has developed extra widgets too. I will propose additional widgets too.

An idea who's time has come.  I like it.

I would also propose a Morphic-Examples package, NOT pulled in by
Morphic-Widgets-Collected/Extra/Aggregated meta-package.

Morphic-Examples might include expository code, e.g.
   FrameMorph
   LineMorph
     PointerLineMorph
   MorphMessageBox

> Morphic-Widget-xxx packages. Just load all in once.
>
> What do you think?

I would like to see Widget-Components (RadioGroup, OneLineEditorMorph,
Panel, ValueEntryPanel, WindowTitleMorph, ..) separated from usages
(LayoutMorphEditPanel, ImagePickerPanel, Color Editor..).

Any finer grained separation might be done to minimize classes loaded
when specific "users of Morphic Widget Components" are required.

Have to think a bit on structure and look at what usages are out there.

More mumble later..
-KenD