[Cuis-dev] VectorGraphics and ARM64

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 14:24:56 PST 2021

VectorGraphics is going to be slow(ish) on any ARM SBC or phone
unless/until it is OpenCL/Vulkan accelerated and maybe even then.  It's a
very computationally intensive subsystem (at least an order of magnitude
more so than raster graphics) and most ARM mobile chips (i.e. pretty much
everything non-Apple) are generally 1/10-1/20th the speed of a fast x86
computer as they are typically inferior in every respect: manufactured on
larger process nodes, lower clock speeds, lower bus bandwidth, weaker
floating point units, smaller and slower cache, slower RAM etc etc.