[Cuis-dev] Package installer (teaser)

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Nov 22 06:15:45 PST 2021

On 11/19/2021 3:02 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Inspired by my recent work on the Cuis Website page that lists packages,
> I thought a Cuis application for listing and installing packages could
> be nice to have.
>
> Here is a demo:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SCG4mTE5YETtqVz1QpIS-HSAlNth8yL1/view?usp=sharing
>
> That's just a first prototype. Lists every package that can be found on
> disk. But I'm also considering the ability to download packages from the
> internet. Perhaps using the github api, like we are doing for Cuis-Website.
>
> That's it. Very early idea, but I thought I'd share anyway.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Mariano

Very nice Mariano!

If code is small and nice (I'd bet it is), this should be part of the
base Cuis image. Looks like a fundamental tool to me.

The only thing I'd change is window color. Maybe we'd pick a new tool
color, for this PackageInstaller and the Installed Packages tool.

WRT to GitHub, I see the value, but the base image contains no network
code, and is agnostic wrt CVS choice. Maybe a button "also show packages
on GitHub" or such, that loads a separate package to deal with GitHub?

In any case, let's make this part of the base image!