[Cuis-dev] White VM window

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Thu Aug 18 14:42:40 PDT 2022

Hi Hilaire,

On 8/18/2022 5:38 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> VectorCanvas class>>initialize...
>
> I emptied the DrGeo start up sequence, so the image can start and an
> interesting error pop up. VectorCanvas tries to initialize itself and
> it fails while searching for Deja Vu font. It results VectorGraphics
> is not properly installed. For example Windows can't be rotated.

It would be easier if you do the image preparation in the default folder
structure, and then move it elsewhere, methinks.

> Of course this font folder arrangement is not found in the DrGeo
> bundle, I have a different one. I could create the same but may be we
> want something more flexible.

Well, at least we need to guarantee some font so Cuis can display text.
DejaVu (the 4 variants) is 3Mb, and doesn't have any license
restrictions. It is a reasonable choice. What do you suggest instead?

> Now thinking again of the DrGeo start up sequence, it is mostly font
> installation:
>
>     | fontFile |
>     fontFile _ self fontPath // DrGeoSystem fontFile.
>     TrueTypeFontFamily readTrueTypeFontEntry: fontFile.
>     PreferenceSet setDefaultFont: DrGeoSystem fontName.
>     Preferences at: #guiElementsSize put: #standardFonts
>
> I will test it in UI deferred block.
>
> Thanks
>
> Hilaire
>
> --