[Cuis-dev] Siren progress and questions (Packages)

Juan Vuletich juan at cuis.st
Wed Dec 14 06:49:00 PST 2022

Hi Stephen,

On 12/13/2022 3:47 PM, Stephen Travis Pope via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Hello colleagues,
>
> Thank you for taking the time to respond and address my concerns.
>
> As one who is new to Cuis, the ease of learning your class library is
> important to me, and having many method categories (AKA protocols)
> that don’t follow the traditional naming convention is not at all
> helpful.  Worse, it leads one to browse in “all” mode, which means it
> takes much longer to find things.

Method categories can surely be enhanced in the base image. Of course,
contributions are welcome.

> The system supports method properties, so why not use these for the
> package-ID?  The browser could of course support them…

WRT method categories of methods in packages, it is perfectly possible
to use , for instance, '*PackageName-accessing' as a method category.
The browser could (at the user request) to show such methods in the
regular 'accessing' category. I think this would be a better option.

Thanks,