[Cuis-dev] Online help via Erudite

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Wed Feb 9 06:07:48 PST 2022

> ok, as you wish.

my wish is my command :-)
The change set is already in github.

> A thought: DynamicMenuBuilder is for fully dynamic menus. The menus are
> built completely using 'collect menu items' method calls.

They are dynamic in the sense that you do not need to change a method to
add new options but add new implementations of a message... we could say
that it follows the "Open/Close principle"!! :-)  (man, how I hate the way
they talk about the solid principles... anyway)

> But.. I wish there were a way of having semi-dynamic menus. A way of
> building a menu statically first, like the Help menu is now. But also
> reserve a part of the menu for extension. You could use the
> DynamicMenuBuilder for collecting menu items, but it would not build the
> menu from scratch, it would add the collected menu items to an already
> existing menu.

That should not be difficult to do, but why do you need that? what would be
the use case?

Let me know if you could make it work, just implemente the message
#helpMenuOptions

Cheers!
Hernan.

--
<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson