[Cuis-dev] Mixing BitBlt and Vector PlacedMorphs

Tommy Pettersson ptp at lysator.liu.se
Tue Feb 15 15:52:53 PST 2022

Hi,

Can I use PlacedMorphs with requireVectorCanvas=false when I
have loaded the vector graphics feature?

What I want to do is to first load all the extra fonts,
which loads the vector graphics, and then load and run the
Spacewar! package, but I want the game to use the BitBlt
canvas. Is that possible? When I start the game it appears
on screen, and runs with normal speed, but does not respond
to mouse and key events.

I tried to investigate what I need to change by subclassing
a PlacedMorph and give it requiresVectorCanvas ^false. The
debugger said it didn't understand morphLocalBounds, so I
added that, and morphExtent and a lot of other things.
Eventually I got a blue square that renders mostly fine when
I open it in the hand and place it somewhere, but it does
not redraw properly when on the world, and it does not
respond to the mouse, like the vectorcanvas PlacedMorph
does.

/Tommy