[Cuis-dev] Renaming several fundamental Morph classes

Juan Vuletich JuanVuletich at zoho.com
Wed Jan 5 13:23:50 PST 2022

Hi Mariano,

On 1/5/2022 5:08 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> several packages of mine have stopped working on Cuis6 because of the
> Morphic changes.
>
> I cannot find the email with the final changes. Is there a list with the
> final changes somewhere?

The "official" list is of course the CoreUpdates folder. See, for
instance #5021 and #5022. If in doubt, go to CoreUpdates and do `grep *
-e 'MovableMorph'` and `grep * -e 'WidgetMorph'`, etc.

> And can I apply the renames blindly, or almost blindly? Like say,
> replace all mentions of WidgetMorph in my files with BoxedMorph, etc, etc.

I wouldn't say "blindly". If your packages work correctly at a certain
Cuis update #, then you can load the following updates. One of the good
properties of the numbered updates is that you can review the code, and
evaluate their effect on your own code. This is actually the _only_ way
for you to give guarantees on the ongoing state of your packages that
are not in the Cuis-Smalltalk organization. (I did update _all_ the
packages in the Cuis-Smalltalk organization).

Additionally, you can check the commit history at GitHub. The commint
message of
https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/commit/b7b8e1f75f8d16775b0ec9e2424e0ea6afd735a9
tried to be descriptive: "Morphs class renames. Update copyright to
2022. Bump Cuis version to 6.0". Checking the changes made to packages
in the Cuis repo in that commit should be helpful.

Also, a lot of this was discussed in _great_ detail in this mail list,
to find names that make sense to the Cuis community. See
https://lists.cuis.st/mailman/archives/cuis-dev/2021-December/004740.html and
https://lists.cuis.st/mailman/archives/cuis-dev/2021-December/004745.html .

Hope this helps.
Cheers,