[Cuis-dev] [Preference] Category as domain name

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sun Jun 19 06:47:11 PDT 2022

Hi Luciano,

Was busy elsewhere, sorry it took so long, but I wanted to take the
needed time to respond appropriately.

So if I interpret correctly, we should have two classes:
PreferenceDictionary and Preferences.

We move most of the PreferenceNG general behavior in
PreferenceDictionary class, the behavior specific to the system
preferences is moved to the Preferences class (data preference and
related behavior when a system preference is changed).

Preferences is then a subclass of PreferenceDictionary, to inherit the
general behavior to a preference.

The "ThePreference" dictionary class variable we have in PreferenceNG is
changed to an instance variable of PreferenceDictionary:  System
preferences and application preference use their own dictionary.

Likely Preferences class is turned as a singleton, to avoid multiple
instance of Preferences.

Is it more or less what you have in mind?

Thanks

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo