[Cuis-dev] How to filein a fileout from Pharo?

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Mar 21 06:24:46 PDT 2022

Hi all!
 I have many times ported code from Pharo to Cuis doing what Hilaire says.
That is, a normal file out on Pharo (you can do it from the class category
to export all the code in the category) and the file in with Cuis.
 To solve the line feed issue Hilaire mentions, I go with the file browser
in Cuis to the file out, selected, cmd+a to select all the code and the
cmd+sifth+U to convert all line feeds and cmd+s to save the changes.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 6:04 AM H. Fernandes via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi Aik-Siong,
>
> The Fileout/Filein is the option I am using to port DrGeo from Pharo to
> Cuis. Note I am porting from Pharo7 (I think).
> I think the Fielout from newer Pharo should still export to the
> traditional .st format. You have to deal with the end line character,
> conversion from \t to \n.
> On line can be done with:
>
>    tr '\r' '\n' < PharoFileout.st > CuisFilein.st
>

> Can you make public your fileout from Pharo, so I can take a look?
>
> Hilaire
>
> Dr. Geo -- http://drgeo.eu
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Hi:
>
> I fileout from Pharo five very small classes that I wrote.
> I tried to filein from Cuis without success.
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> Aik-Siong Koh

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson