[Cuis-dev] WorldMenu

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri May 27 02:16:23 PDT 2022

Hi,

I would like to raise questions on the WorldMenu.

I we want multiple WorldMorph (target is the dynabook ;-), we may want
different instantiation of WorldMenu populated with very different
menus, or even menu not looking like the traditional menu (think my
extravagant circular toolbar menu).

I will throw a few ideas and questions, just to start the exchange of ideas.

  * TheWorldMenu knows about its WorldMorph, but should it not be the
    other way?
  * Or a WorldMorph should know about a more general object WorldState
    to hold state information about the World and among them its menu?
  * World menu build up searches methods given a name but it lacks
    information about order, parent menu, etc. Therefore the method code
    needs to provide it, its makes code more  complex a bit. I fell like
    using pragma with appropriate parameters will simplify a lot the code

Pharo has a very interesting implementation to learn from. See
MenuRegistration class. I used happily, and contributed a very very
little to for end-user application world menu.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu