[Cuis-dev] Infinite recursions

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 04:57:08 PDT 2022

Cool, I tested it with some examples and works fine, thanks.
Does it have any impact on performance? Why is it not active by default?
And wouldn’t it be better to get a notification from the VM when it’s about
to run out of memory instead of crashing? I can imagine how this can be
annoying for new students, but stability is important for all of us, and
even experienced Smalltalkers can introduce infinite recursions without
realizing it. I usually work with an image that I have open and running for
months at a time, and it is very stable except for infinite recursions (I
think over the last few years it crashed only once for other reason).