[Cuis-dev] How to locate changes

Hernán Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Mon Jun 3 06:42:59 PDT 2024

Hi Leo,
 Welcome to Cuis Smalltalk :-)
 There is no easy way to find why a method has been removed. You can look
for "asCharacter" in the change sets located in the CoreUpdates directory
and from there look in the mail if there is an explanation and if not, ask
the one that did it.

 As per the #asCharacter message, I think @Juan Vuletich <juan at cuis.st>
removed it when implementing Unicode, but I do not quite remember the
reason

Cheers!
Hernan

On Mon, Jun 3, 2024 at 4:41 AM Leo Noordhuizen via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I hope that this is the correct place to ask this question:
>
> I am rather new to Cuis Smalltalk and wonder how I can find more
> information about changes made to the core system.
>
> For example I cannot find the reason why the method *asCharacter* has
> been removed and, more importantly, where I find a way to get the same
> functionality.
>
> In general, I find it rather difficult to cope with the changes to the
> system, compared to the functionality used in various publications.
>
> Where do I start ?
>
> Thanks, with kind regards,
>
> Leo Noordhuizen - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
> (Retired computer professional)

*Phone: +54-011*-4893-2057
*Twitter: @HernanWilkinson*