[Cuis-dev] FIXUP: Tagging package for Cuis 7.0

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Thu Jun 13 00:36:14 PDT 2024

Hi Ken,

 From my understanding you don't need to create a release for Cuis
package. The user have too option to fetch the package code matching a
given tag:

  * *From the Github tag page of the repository.* For each tag, there
    are options to download Zip or Tar archives of the matching code.
    https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/SVG/tags
  * *From git command line.
    *
      o git clone --depth 1 -b Cuis7.0 https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/SVG

Nevertheless, for DrGeo release, I do as you described: I tag the
repository, then create a release to which I attached assets as the
Linux and Windows bundles, ready to use for the end users. Associating
asset is the only reason for me to use release.

It is normal you see these 4 commits difference: you commited additional
changes after your tagging. Then as you created a release based on this
tag you have this difference.

It is also happened to me. In that case you have indeed to delete the
tag anchored at a commit in the past, then retag at current commit. You
also have to delete the legacy tag remotely, and push the new one.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo/