[Cuis-dev] A few comments on the new box hierarchy

Hilaire Fernandes hfern at free.fr
Wed Sep 11 10:31:57 PDT 2024

Hi folks,.

The video of our discussion today is referenced in the archive section
of our community page http://cuis.st/community

I have few comments, observation, questions and requests.

The BoxMorph seems to have only one direct subclass (BorderedBoxMorph),
but the idea is to open to possibility for subclasses to only have
extent and no border, right?  I open a discussion about that several
days ago. Is it because of that?

Why BoxedMorph not a subclass of BoxMorph?

About the name BoxedMorph and BorderedBoxMorph have the same meaning in
their names. What about renaming BorderedBoxMoprh to PaddedBoxMorph.

If we merge back together BoxMorph and BoxedMorph we will avoid the code
duplication we have between BoxedMorph and BordederdBoxMorph (related to
my first observation)

It will nice to rephrase the comments at the end of the BoxedMorph and
BoxMorph. It still don't understand the sentences

BorderedBoxMorph class comment writes about BorderedRectMorph...

Thanks for this nice improvement on layout

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://gnu.org/s/dr-geo/