[Cuis-dev] [Integrated] Should we rename these? Re: support for variable indexable subclasses of 8/16/32/64 bits

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Sun May 26 20:49:08 PDT 2019

Ken mentions byte/half/word/double/quad... this notation seems good. This
would make ByteArray/HalfWordArray/WordArray/DoubleWordArray and also
SignedByteArray/SignedHalfWordArray/SignedWordArray/SignedDoubleWordArray,
sounds consistent and I prefer HalfWord to DoubleByte.

IntXX sounds reasonable too and it's more concise. But Float32/Double64
sound redundant, I would go either with Float32Array/Float64Array if we
choose IntXX or FloatArray/DoubleFloatArray if we choose
Byte/HalfWord/Word/DoubleWord.

BTW, if we rename these we should rename variable*Subclass accordingly...
and isWords, isDoubleBytes, isDoubleWords. variableInt32Subclass:? isInt32s
?