[Cuis-dev] Vector graphics questions

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat Jul 31 03:50:17 PDT 2021

Hi Vanessa,

On 7/31/21 5:40 AM, Vanessa Freudenberg via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just subscribed to this list. I'm a beginner with Cuis, but do know
> Smalltalk quite well.
That's THE understatement of this year! ;»]
Cuis still inherited (at least) 19 methods from Squeak authored by you.

> Primarily I wanted to try the cool graphics. So I downloaded the special VM
> from dropbox.
>
> And I found these instructions:
>
> https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/blob/master/Documentation/VectorGraphicsAndMorphic3.md
It's enough to select a TrueType font as system font (provided you have
them in directory named 'TrueTypeFonts' just beneath your image path).
The whole vector graphics stuff is loaded automatically in this case.

> Many menu items don't match that document but I could find my way around. I
> think I loaded everything correctly but the screen is still blurry — I am
> on a Retina display Mac and it looks like the VM is rendering 2x2 pixels
> for every screen pixel.
>
> Attaching a screenshot below. You can see the text on the left has much
> finer details than in Cuis. Is there maybe a VM option I need to tweek to
> get the full resolution?
I have neither a working Mac, nor one with a Retina Display available,
but I think Juan as posted a solution:
https://lists.cuis.st/mailman/archives/cuis-dev/2021-March/002861.html

> Thank you!
> Vanessa